Queretaro Tour


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Querétaro
March 21st 2017
Published: March 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday the Ocana family was nice enough to take me out to see Queretaro. It's a great city! The food was the best I've had. We also went to centro which is just block after block of pristine colonial buildings filled with great restaurants and shops. I even tried an alcoholic drink called pulque for the first time. The unflavored pulque wasn't that appealing but the strawberry and coconut was pretty good. And...believe it or not, we had some fried insects 😊 Grasshoppers, ants and a few meal worms. I tried the grasshoppers and guacamole..it didn't taste bad but one chip full was all I could do.

We came back later that afternoon, Jill had stayed behind to keep an eye on the dogs. The Ocana's brought her a birthday cake since her birthday was a week and a half ago. Jill and I taught the kids to play a couple different poker games and then we all played a few hands of bull. Eloy can't lie to save his life!

Today Jill is going to spend some time with the Ocana's and I'll stay home. They are taking her to a winery tour so....they'll probably be back around midnight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

QueretaroQueretaro
Queretaro

Aquaducts
QueretaroQueretaro
Queretaro

It was the birthday of Benito Juarez, lots of activity in centro
QueretaroQueretaro
Queretaro

Steve and Eloy (Ethan too this photo, thanks Ethan!)
QueretaroQueretaro
Queretaro

The Ocanas
QueretaroQueretaro
Queretaro

Fried grasshoppers and ants.
QueretaroQueretaro
Queretaro

Grasshopper guacamole
QueretaroQueretaro
Queretaro

Eating birthday cake
QueretaroQueretaro
Queretaro

Being messy with birthday cake


Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb