Day 27 & 28 - Mexico City & Puebla


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Puebla
June 20th 2007
Published: June 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 27 - Wednesday 20 June 2007 - Mexico City bus tour

OK, I have to admit to feeling pretty crappy today. I have a slight cold and after all the walking and climbing of stairs yesterday, plus a pretty crap nights sleep (again!), I feel achy and tired this morning. Still, I managed to drag my sorry butt out of bed to go on a 3 or so hour open top bus tour of the city. This was great, with audio commentary in English and so many sights to take in. Also, for only 100 paesos (about $10 US dollars), it was worth it!

After the bus ride I gave in to my tiredness and went back to the room to try to sleep. Wasn´t very successful though, as there were just too many noises.

Early night tonight, hopefully a good nights sleep (although considering I haven´t slept a night through since I got here, I´m not that hopeful!), as we have an early start tomorrow. Up at 5.30 to travel to Puebla by mid morning. This place had better be worth the early start! lol

Day 28 - Thursday 21 June 2007 - Puebla

This place is totally worth the early start! We arrived around 10am after a pretty decent 2 hour coach ride here. Have to say, both the bus terminals and coaches are a 100% improvement on those that we travelled on in the US. I´m sure there´s something in that!

We checked in and staight away went out for a walking tour of the city. Taking in the HEAPS of colonial buildings that make up the town, as well as heaps of churches and lots of courtyards, which seem to be a standard part of most mexican homes and bulidings in general. There is a gorgeous square right in the middle of town, with trees and a fountain and flanked on one side by a huge church, then on the other three sides, cafes and restuarants. Really quite like a European city. Was great.
The whole town has a really nice feeling to it and gives me more of a sense of what the ´real´Mexico must be like.

Dinner was next door to the hotel, in a restuarant/bar where we all gathered for a few drinks. The soccer/football was on and given that Mexico was playing, the locals were pretty enthusiastic!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

SkeletonsSkeletons
Skeletons

Skeletons are popular in the celebrations of death. They are all over a lot of the cities are are quite cute!
ChurchChurch
Church

in the rain that lasted about 10 mins, but was really heavy, even with some hail!
A courtyardA courtyard
A courtyard

one of the nicer ones!
The local barThe local bar
The local bar

and the nicely decorated wall in it


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb