Teotihucan


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Puebla » Puebla City
January 20th 2008
Published: January 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Temple of the SerpentTemple of the SerpentTemple of the Serpent

At a certain time of day, when the sun beats down on the temple, the shadows creates an illusion of a serpent slithering down the steps...
Hey everyone! The first week was rough but its getting better little by little. On Saturday we went to Teotihucan - Ruins of the ancient Aztecs. The bus ride was 2.5 hours and I slept the whole time. It was freezing when we got there but by noon we were stripping our layers off which resulted in mass sunburns - including me. There are 2 major pyramids (built with the same base as the egyptians) called Sol (the sun) and Luna (the moon). Sol is one of the biggest pyramids in the world and I climbed to the top! It reminded much of the Mayan temple in Tikal, Guatemala. The trip was organized by the International club who is headed by Pili and Berto, 2 mexican students at my school who try to help the exchange student fit in. It was so fun.


Tommorrow Tal and I are going to 3 classes to see if we can understand the teacher and then we only have to pick 1. We joined a Salsa/Cumbia class wednesday nights and our Spanish is coming along fast - enough for us to start forgetting english words or popping in spanish words here and there. In
babybabybaby

baby climbing the temple
a week, we are going to try to stop speaking English to each other all together... we'll see how that goes. I miss everyone.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb