Oacaxa Coast Cont. and San Cristobal


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca
September 12th 2011
Published: September 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hello again! So just a quick update we stayed in Muzante for 3 nights. Caught some rays on the first day and then the second day we had rain most of the day so went to the nearby turtle centre which was cool to look around. We moved only a few k's up the coast to a place called Zipolite where we spent 3 nights. From here we did a boat trip out to some amazing little coves and did some snorkelling. We also were lucky enough to take in some turtles and dolphins!

Both places are amazing tiny towns. Both there solely for tourism but a million miles away from the tower blocks of Cancun its a one street town with many cabanas on the beach itself. Zipolite especially has a real hippy feel to the place and is really laid back. We had some excellent food and in Zipolite the sun shone all 3 days we were there.

We did the long drive east to San Cristbol overnight. Actually spent a little longer in SC than we intended to as we liked it so much. The town has a real good vibe with a mix of tourists and locals. There always seems to be something going on from live music to local cinemas. We stayed for independance night too where the whole town comes out and watches the fireworks and celebtrates.

We decided against going up the Yucatan penisular as we enjoyed ourselves so much on the pacific coast we thought we would head down into Guatemala.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb