Beyond the wall: the tranquilo treasure that is Mexico


Advertisement
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca
January 15th 2019
Published: January 16th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Our hearts, particularly and peculiarly that of Mrs fitness - Ali, have been pounding each time we climb the four flights of stairs to our room. This reminded me that Mexico City sits at quite a heady elevation; indeed at 2240m it is in fact the eighth highest capital city in the world. I knew it was high, but I did look that up. And I'm glad I did because who knew Harare was loftier than Kathmand... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 112, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




16th January 2019
53

Beyond the Wall
Sometimes one has to enter the other side...'cos its usually interesting...the experiences glorious. Wonderful pics as usual Andy...wonderful sights as far as the eye can see.
16th January 2019

Storms a coming
If Donald Trump has his way I reckon they'll keep rolling in. Great pic.
16th January 2019

Mother in Law Sunsets
I'm posting some on this thread in the Photography Forum. Check 'em out. Too good not to do so!
18th January 2019

The restaurant with no name...
...I'm so sad to hear it's gone down hill! It had only just opened when we stumbled upon it in 2016 (and it certainly wasn't in the LP). Andrew still talks about that bone marrow dish, and will be very disappointed to hear it's now crap. I like the sound of San Jose and Brewski! We nearly went to Zipolite but ended up in Mazunte, so I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures there. Safe travels :)
6th February 2019

Hola! What a month! I'm so glad you were able to experience the many things that make Mexico so beyond amazing! Hiking, Oaxaca, street food, Teotihuacan, San Jose magic mushrooms, and the quirky ambiance of hostels and buses. So sorry about Shay, she's impossible. Can't wait to hear what you two get up to in Central America! We could have almost crossed paths, me being in Central America just before Xmas. Buen Viaje!
6th February 2019

Fancy that.....
Hi Andrea, that is quite spooky as I was literally just about to contact you. We are currently in Guanajuato (stunning city), but leave today for Guadalajara - in order to fly to your fav stomping ground. Yep, heading to La Paz in order to see the whale sharks. Will probably be in Baja for a week or so and would appreciate any recommendations. Really wasn't expecting to fall so deeply in love with Mexico - at this rate we'll be here for months yet... All the best. A&A.

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb