No museums.... No ruins..... Just beach. Hmmmmmm Beach!!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Puerto Escondido
July 11th 2006
Published: July 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Yep, no culture here!! We decided we wanted to have a few days doing pretty much nothing and this was the perfect spot. We found ourselves a little cabaña with a pool right by the beach and just generally chilled out. But before that.....

....The bus ride from hell!! We thought it would be a good idea to take a second class bus to the beach, as it was cheaper and it took a more direct route meaning it would be shorter. We thought we´d also do this overnight to save on accomodation, and sleep on the bus. NOT!!! The reason why the route was shorter was because it went straight over a mountain, which meant lots of winding mountain road, which = absolutely no chance of sleeping as you were being tossed about in your sleep. Add to that a screaming kid and a dodgy Mexican western being played at maximum volume and all in all it was a pretty bad night! But at least we could sleep by the pool when we got there and it did cost about 1/3 of the 1st class fare!!

The beach opposite our cabaña just happened to be a world class
TashTashTash

she didn´t catch this one.... it caught her!!!
surf beach so we thought we would catch some waves. As it happened a top american body boarder was staying at our place and even he seemed to find the waves on this beach knackering therefore being modest body boarders at best we decided to go for a slightly calmer beach 15 mins walk towards the town. The waves on the main beach were probably ranging from 5 to 12 feet at a guess - that is massive! Much too scary for us! On the other beach the waves were probably still 5 of 6 feet, but they were also extremely powerful. We both got hammered by a few nasties but caught quite a few cool rides too. Hope to be following this up with some surf lessons somewhere a bit more friendly to beginners!

We´re getting towards the end of Mexico now and will soon be making a break for the border into Belize and will probably write next from there. Hope you are all well, thank´s for all the comments and emails - its nice to hear about whats going on back home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



16th July 2006

Thanks guys for making me really jealous! would love to be on a beach holiday now! altho we are having a mini heatwave here at the moment, but have no pool to jump in and cool off! Take care, hope your journey to the next place is a bit better, maybe invest in the 1st class bus next time! love lots xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 21; qc: 84; dbt: 0.0897s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb