THE WEDDING DAY!!!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Puerto Escondido
March 27th 2010
Published: March 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Woke up early, to wind and sun! After having a bite to eat, decided to go for a swim at the beach before getting stuff ready for the wedding.

Meg asked Nancy to help out with decorating the arbour after Mark built it! Mark was up and working on it while Meg and Mary were having a manicure and pedicure on the terrace! At the same time, chairs were being set up, with white covers and bows, the bar cleaned and decorated, flowers being arranged, food being cooked, luminarios set up along the path....as Nancy and I called the day, the hurry up and wait!

Finally the arbour was completed and Nancy, Jeanie and Hattie started decorating with white glads and the tulle Nancy carried from Kingston! And did I mention the wind???? A very windy day! The fun begins! In the long run, the arbour is beautiful and ready for the bride and groom!

It's time for Nancy and I to get our showers and get ready before Dave and Drew come down to our room for pictures of them getting ready! It was so much fun being there while Dave and Drew got ready. One piece
The decorating of the arbourThe decorating of the arbourThe decorating of the arbour

Jeanie, Mary, Hattie (and not seen, Nancy)
at a time, with Jamie taking the pictures! And in the meantime, Nancy and I slipping in by the sink to get our faces and hair ready! Jim and Louise arrive for family pictures on our terrace! We crack open the champagne and toast Dave!

It's time, and the bridal party is heading out for a photo shot on the point. Dave is waiting outside Meg's room, and the wedding party comes out! The moment they see each other....well, this was my favourite moment!

We start to gather on the terrace just after 5 pm! We all look sooooo good! The moment finally comes, and we are sitting down....Drew and Dave come up front, the music is cued...and Hattie comes out, followed by Meg, Barry and Jeanie! SO BEAUTIFUL! Julianna, the officiant is waiting, and begins the celebration. Mary reads, and Jill reads, Dave says his vows to Meg (just wanting to get that kiss in!), Meg says her vows, they exchange rings, Kiss....They are Married! BEAUTIFUL!!!

The family quickly goes down the stairs (towards the beach) for wedding pictures. At the same time, champagne and oysters are being served! (which were also brought down for the
The shirtsThe shirtsThe shirts

Hanging to get the wrinkles out.
family while pictures were being taken).

Back upstairs on the terrace for hors d'oeuvres and more drinks! The sun is setting and time to head to Los Tugos for dinner! The place overlooks the ocean...and the wind is blowing (the candles don't stay lit at our end of the table)....a big long table with all 34 of us around the table! The food was superb! Soup, (Drew gave his toast), Lobster salad (Hattie's toast), Steak (toasts made by Nancy (including a toast from Richard) and Julia (a toast from Laurel), Jeanie (the Bride's mom) and Barry (the bride's dad). Moving speeches and toasts! Somewhere along the way, dessert was served, a chocolate cake with fruit.

The dance floor was waiting...and Dave and Meg stepped out for their first dance, followed by the dance with the groom dancing with his mom, Nancy and Meg dancing with her dad, Barry!

I hear our cue, and the flash mob dance begins! During the week, all 32 of us, were taught the moves and to come in with a group! It worked and it was so much fun! And the look on Meg and Dave, priceless! Neither one of them knew
Wow!Wow!Wow!

Dave and Drew
and were caught completely by surprise! (one of Meg's favourite moments).

The dancing began! I soon left...and I heard there was swimming and people jumping into the pool with their clothes on, film line trivia went on all night....and who knows what else.

The day was a very special one! Full of love and such wonderful, happy energy! What an opportunity to meet and spend a week with friends and the families of Dave and Meg! There is definitely something about destinations weddings...instead of a few hours at a wedding, this was a week...It was a wonderful feeling sitting around the wedding dinner table, and knowing, each and every person there! A real honour!

To Dave and Meg! May your life be filled with love for each other!



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Meg and DaveMeg and Dave
Meg and Dave

the moment of seeing each other! (my favourite)
All the guysAll the guys
All the guys

Missing...Barry and Peter
Dave and DrewDave and Drew
Dave and Drew

Waiting, and the Officiant, Julianna
The Matron of HonourThe Matron of Honour
The Matron of Honour

Hattie, sister of the bride
The kissThe kiss
The kiss

Finally, Dave kisses Meg!
Julie and Tom (Jeanie's husband)Julie and Tom (Jeanie's husband)
Julie and Tom (Jeanie's husband)

note, the shoes are off!


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb