We are here!!!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Puerto Escondido
March 16th 2010
Published: March 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

A few days later...just to update our trip so far!

Nancy and I both arrived at the Sheraton at the airport right at the same time and got a beautiful suite! Settling in, we cracked open the wine, had a nap, went for supper, then more wine, then bed ('cause we got up at 4:15 am!!!!).

We took the people mover to the terminal and waited in line, and found ourselves in line with Hattie and Justin! The flight was uneventful (except we all cried watching the movie "Everything's Fine, " with Robert DeNiro), got to Mexico City...and had fun trying to find out what we were to do next! The people in Mexico are very helpful and very determined to send us the right way...it just might not be where we want to go!!! We found our gate (after immigration, more security...)...and we found Hattie, Justin and Dave's friend, Anton, having drinks! Our flight at Puerto Escondido was beautiful...snow on the mountains, villages, steep roads...

All of us were very relieved when all of our luggage arrived off the plane. A quick taxi ride to our hotel, got unloaded and were taken to our suite! Oh my, Nancy and I got the best suite! we are looking over the ocean and beach...a wonderful room, with 2 beds, a balcony (where I am right now), hammocks, a kitchen, shower and a jacuzzi! After greeting everyone...we all headed to the beach and a swim and drinks!

Supper here, after drinks, then a ride into town, which was an adventure in itself! You had to be there!

Nice to finally put my head down, only to find out today, I kept Nancy awake with my snoring!

Off for a walk along the beach!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Nancy and DaveNancy and Dave
Nancy and Dave

The first hello!
SistersSisters
Sisters

Hattie and Meg
The beach!The beach!
The beach!

Drinks and swimming on the beach!
SunsetSunset
Sunset

Our first sunset!
Dave!Dave!
Dave!

The ride on the donkey!
FoodFood
Food

Anton and food!!!


16th March 2010

yipee
Glad to hear that you arrived safely and are enjoying all the good 'stuff' What's the best way to communicate with you?
16th March 2010

So envious...
That looks like so much fun! Looking forward to Saturday...

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb