Oaxaca, Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Oaxaca
February 20th 2013
Published: April 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Well our days of laying on the beach and drinking cocktails are over (well at least for a week).
Flew to Oaxaca City from Peurto Escondido on a teeny weeny plane. Kind of like the Sounds Air ones at home.
Arrived and it was pretty chilly. We are about 5000ft above sea level and first thing in the morning you feel it. And when the sun goes down at night! During the day though we are getting 32 degrees!!!
I seem to have developed my sun allergy again. Seems every time I spend too much time in the sun I get what looks like sandfly bites over my arms and legs. Not sure what it is, but bloody annoying and super itchy!!!

Finding not a lot of English spoken here so a bit of menu roulette going on which is fun.

This morning went on a city tour of a few cathedrals. Very interesting! Went back to the tour guides home and she showed us some of her artwork. I bought a greeting card with one if her prints on it.

Tomorrow have booked in for a full day cooking class. Starts at 9am, head to a market, do some shopping, light lunch, then cook for the afternoon, eating our creations for dinner at 6pm. Need a minimum of 6 people so hopefully we have enough.

Added a few days here, as there are some tours we want to do and are a lot of markets to see. One market we went to yesterday was incredible. You could smell fresh chocolate everywhere. Will have to buy some of that before we leave. Also found "meat alley". A 'street' in the market full of meat and smokey fires. You choose what meat you want, take a seat, and over comes salads, tortillas, then your meat all cooked up...DELISH!

Fly up to Merida next (Monday, Tuesday your time). No plans for there yet, all we have to do is be in Cancun for our flight in the 7th.

Love having no plans!!!! Best way to travel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0976s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb