World Cup Disaster


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Oaxaca
June 12th 2006
Published: June 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Czech goalCzech goalCzech goal

This was one of three Czech goals that made this a very long day for Team USA.
Friends,

SO I just left a tavern where I was watching the USA debut debacle on TV as they lost 3-0. I knew the US had a difficult draw against the Czech Republic (FIFA Ranked #2) but despite the USA having some chances the game wasn't really close at all. Our players at times looked like they had never played together and the crisp passing game of the Czechs was impressive. NOw Team USA is in deep trouble as not only did they start the tournament 0-1 but are now -3 on goal differential. I watched the game with two fellow Americans one from New Orleans and one from San Francisco and Kristoff, a Belgian rooting hard for the Czechs. Nevertheless, after the disappointing loss our conversation went to American Football as to kill the pain of the humiliating loss.

I don't feel much now like writing my Monte Alban blog but maybe this afternoon or tomorrow I will feel "inspired". That is all for now. Ciaosito.

JUAN




Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Czech's  3rd goalCzech's  3rd goal
Czech's 3rd goal

This was the third goal which just burst the USA's bubble after the Yanks had pressured the Czechs late in the second half.


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb