MEXICO IS AWESOME


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Morelos » Cuernavaca
February 6th 2008
Published: February 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

HOLA AMIGOS!!
Emails were getting too hard now this is much easier, if you want to check you can, this way im not imposing my self on you! Mexico is amazing, I never want to leave!! This weekend was a blast, some students at school had a party on friday, on saturday i headed to el Centro for some shopping then Mateo (the other student in my house) and i went to Tepotzlan for Carneval! It was amzing, people just filling the streets dancing the same dance! They were serving beer with salsa, salt and there straws covered in suger and chili powder. No one in town had lights until about 9pm, so everything in Carnaval was lit with candles! It was so amazing. The next day Mateo, Emmanuel (hermano mexicano), Jonathon (a cousin), Ani (another cousin) and Jonathan's girlfriend, and I all went to see a real Futbol game at Estadio Azteca, which is one of the largest stadiums in the world. Pumas vs. Americas a huge RIVALRY!! Each teams' fans were completly seperated by barracades and police in riot gear. When Americas fans entered the Puma area their flags were taken away and they were beaten by Puma fans. We sang and chanted the entire game....no rest!! There were people climbing over barracades and yelling the most awful stuff at one another. It was so much better then watching the Orioles!! Unfortunatly the Pumas lost!!
School has been a lot of fun, i'm meeting new people, and learning how to salsa! Matt is a good teacher! Tonight we're playing volleyball with some other students, but i am horrible at beach volleyball so hopefully i want embarrass myself too much! This is my last week of private classes in Latin American history, my professor is awesome and i'll miss taking those classes but it will be nice to get back to a normal schedule were im in classes with other students.
I have learned some pretty cool things about Mexico though:
1.Unless it is an official event you cannot sing, whistle or hum the national anthem, and it is only said on Mondays in schools.
2. Flags are only to be used as flags, and only on/in official bulidings all other flags must be OBVIOUSLY different in some way or you will be arrested.
3. Most universities are free but is they're not they're only 1-200pesos (.10-20$)/semester!!!! (and books are cheap)
4.NO SATS or equivalent.
5.The men dance here...if you don't then your not a man!!!
6. Gangs listen to rock, not rap! If you listen to rap your a pansy.
7.CORTEX CONQUERED THE MEXICAS NOT THE AZTECS GET IT RIGHT!!!!!



My birthday is sunday and i'll finally be legal in the US!!! My Momma and Daddy we'll be in D.F. (Mexico City) and we're going to climb some pyramids!!
ADIOS!!!
Thats all for now.....

Advertisement



7th February 2008

Fun, Fun, Fun
You give a really incredible account of your experiences lil lady. Was thrilled to read about all your adventures. Like to hear about your explorations or field trips outside the city whenever those happen. Have a marvelous birthday....drink the tequila and chew the worm. Adios.

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb