NYC


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Michoacán » Uruapan
November 24th 2008
Published: February 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

NYC Oct. 17th, 08 .. Just another day in the city of NY.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

the valcanothe valcano
the valcano

the valcano
mexicomexico
mexico

the valcano. excuse i'm just learning how to use this site. I walked to this valcao 32 years ago in 1976. I only learned on this visit spring 2008 that i walked 14 miles there and back. I can hardly believe I walked so far that day. We wlked over black sand and lava rocks. we went all the the way to the rim of the great beast. i was so tired. i lay down on the rim and took a nap. then it rained and lighten came and hail stones fail to earth and a great wind blew in. It was like a ten minute warning of bad weather. the gods were telling me go and go now. The sun came out and we started walking back to this little shack that was at the base of the valley. when we arrived to this leittle shack our bags were gone. We had no water nor food and a little flashlight with a dieing battery. we had a small mountain side to climb up to get back to the village. we crawed on our hands an knees following donkey tracks with our dieing flash light and when that didn't work we used matches to light our way. it was amazing trip i will never for get my whole life. we finally got to the village with very little money no water and very hungry stomachs. We manged to get a meal from some one and went to a bar and some people there adopted us and took us home and helped find who took our things. it took 3 days a a 100 pesos to get our camping gear . the man that took our bags never looked inside. inside we left money our passports.. they were still there.


Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0686s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb