Sunny Puerto Vallarta


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco
January 17th 2023
Published: February 1st 2023
Edit Blog Post

We are heading south of the border for some warm weather the temp is mid 80’s. We fly from Oakland to Santa Ana change planes and then nonstop to Puerto Vallarta. Getting through customs was fast, we find our luggage and take a taxi to our Airbnb. With rented a two bedroom two bath condo with a long balcony. The balcony has views of the ocean. We watch cruise ships coming in and out of the bay. We are located two blocks from Playa Los Muertos. The long beach is full of restaurants that provide chairs, lounge, tables and umbrellas.
Our first full day we spend exploring. We walk along the beach until we reach the Malecon. The Malecon is a long wide promenade. There is a lot of outdoor art along the Malecon. There are street entertainers and lots of shops, restaurants and bars. Mark bought a 49er shirt and we bought Lyla a tea shirt. We looked for a large grocery store but did not find one. There were small 7-11 size stores and we bought cereal, milk, water and a pizza for dinner.
We spent the next day at the beach. The restaurant La Carreta has chairs, lounge, umbrellas and tables for patrons to use for free. We ordered margaritas, guacamole and quesadillas. I was surprised they did not charge for use of the chairs etc. The weather is warm, low 80s, perfect weather for the beach. I pick up dinner at a restaurant right next to the condo. Judy’s Comfort Food which has only been open for one day and they are full.

We are exploring today, just wandering. We have lunch at Cocos. We walked by and saw it was full of locals so we checked it out. the food was very good and fresh. I had a breakfast burrito and fresh squeezed orange juice. No matter where we start we end up walking along the Malecon.
Beach day follows exploring day. Only decision is what to eat or drink. After a day at the beach we go to Jorge’s Hideaway Shrimp Shack. It is not near the tourist area but not far from our condo. The food is good.

So we are mostly just doing repeat here. Three days at the beach and three days just walking. We eat at Cocos twice and Jorge’s Hideaway twice. We found a bar to watch the 49ers and it was fun. Mark also got a massage at the Apple Health Club. I buy a day pass and work out while Mark gets a massage.

Sunday there are hundreds of people out walking. We check out a church and stop to listen to a band playing on the grandstand in the park in the old town,

Our vacation comes to an end too soon. We will be back but now it is time to take an Uber to the airport. We will be heading to Mexico City.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0782s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb