Tolantongo Hot Springs


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Hidalgo » Mineral del Monte
February 1st 2023
Published: February 11th 2023
Edit Blog Post

We are staying in Mexico City. Brad and Christopher joined us for five days. We signed up for a day trip to Tolantongo Hot Sprigs through Airbnb. We had an early start, 6 AM so we took a Uber to meet our tour group at the Angel of Independence statue. We piled into a small van and headed out of Mexico City. We stopped for a buffet breakfast after an hour and a half. After another hour and a half we stopped at a shop where we bought water shoes. Our next stop was at the hot springs. The hot water from caves that flow into a river is used to make hot pools of water. There is a campground, hotel and restaurant. The water is a beautiful blue from all the minerals in the water.
we have our bathing suits on so off we go to find the warmest pool. We try multiple pools, there is room for everyone to have a pool to themselves. We spend a couple of hours in the pools. The pools are warm but the air is cold so we move quickly between pools. The people who want to zip line go get suited up. Mark and decide to pass but Christopher and Brad decide to zip. It is actually four lines you go from one to another. Mark and I drive with our guide to the river where our hot lunch awaits. There are picnic tables at the river to eat on. After lunch we have an hour to play in the warm river. The water is so blue and warm.
After the river we head uphill to the two caves which are warmer than the river. The caves have water dripping in and bats live in the upper cave. Our guide gives us towel, soap and shampoo. The bathrooms have showers So we can clean off the minerals. The guide also gave everyone a blanket for the ride home. Everyone is quiet and some sleep. I am talking to you Brad and Christopher. We stop to drop off the towels at a laundromat Our last stop is at a bakery so we can buy food and use the bathroom. We get back to Mexico City at 8 pm and we are dropped back at the Angel of Independence. We take a Uber back to our condo. It was a long day but well worth the time and cost. I highly recommend taking a tour to the hot springs if you like spending the day in warm water.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb