Day One


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Puerto Vallarta
December 2nd 2005
Published: December 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The vacation started off with a big bang! Ok not really. The plane was supposed to depart at 9:00am. Did you notice I said WAS. We loaded up and pulled out onto the runway and went through the de-icing of the wings, the Captain came over the systems and said we would need to return to the port because a generator was not functioning properly, the repair process would only take 20 minutes. An hour later we were off the ground. In addition to leaving late and taking some kind of detour we arrived in Las Vegas at 11:35, our plane to Puerto Vallarta was to depart at 11:37. We were lucky and the plane was running behind. Paul and I made it with a few minutes to spare.

Upon arriving at Puerto Vallarta we had to go through customs, we had to fill out our forms at least twice, it is hard to remember that some other countries prefer the day then the month followed by the year. We get to the baggage claim area and guess what……..

Before we left Paul made a comment about packing some clothes in his carry on just incase they lost our luggage. My mother used to always say the same thing, wish we would have listened….

Our luggage did not arrive with us. Do to the fact the plane exchange happened so fast our clothes could not follow us. So here we are with nothing to wear except the clothes on our backs. Now if you remember the weather on today in Columbus you know it is COLD! And here in PV it is mid to upper 80’s and humid. Paul began to drip as we were going through customs. Fortunately there is a store here on the resort. We each but a pair of swim trunks and a tee shirt, Paul buys a pair of flip flops. Total 1500.ps that is 150.00 American dollars!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE~!

That is what we get for not paying attention to Mom. It feels weird to go to a restaurant and order a steak and several Bloody Marys’ then just leave the table. This all inclusive thing is cool but takes time to get used to. We had dinner and then briefly walked the beach. Upon going back to the room we though maybe our luggage had arrived, our hotel room door was wide open. Going in we find two house keeping ladies turning down our bed and giving us chocolate. Eating chocolate before bed is not a good thing; it goes right to the hips.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb