more of day 2


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Puerto Vallarta
October 5th 2007
Published: October 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

A really good day as I sign off - We slept really well last night and got to hear and see one heck of a lightning/thunder display. The man/wife peacock family were out on our porch roosting and seemed a bit frightened by it all. We had breakfast at the hotel this morning - I had something with chips, cheese, beans and lobster - very tasty. Dorothy had eggs benedict - pretty good too. This place treats us like royalty. Took a taxi all the way to the "Flea Market" where we shopped for a while buying a few little things from the sales people. Dorothy was a little anxious about "negotiating" deals while I had a field day. Then we walked up town stopping at the Cigar Store where I bought a nice hand rolled cuban/mexican mix cigar for 950 peso. We had a couple of cervaza there and moved on toward the main drag near the beach. Went to the Catholic Cathedral where Dorothy was amazed and I took photos. Then walked down the main drag some more - ate lunch and had a cervaza at Planet Hollywood. took a taxi back to the hotel and hung out here, siesta time and also had another cervaza or 2. Went to dinner at La Ribera on the beach. Very tasty steak and shrimp. Listened to a mariachi band in the lobby had a couple of Jack and cokes and back to our place for a nightcap and a baseball game on the tube. Watched the Red Sox and their opponent last night on ESPN2 in spanish. Doesn't get any better!!


highlights after day 2 - hanging out with Dorothy. lightning and thunder, Champagne at the beach LaRibera Rest., breakfast, peacocks, shopping and just being here and not there.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb