we're here


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Puerto Vallarta
October 3rd 2007
Published: October 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

well, here we are finally in the lovely (and steamy) Puerto Vallarta (PV). Nice flight in from LA via Portland. We arrive at the airport and leave the plane to be blasted by 95 degree and 95% humidity. Make it through customs okay, even after having our luggage searched. And then we had to run the gauntlet. Many, many time share sellers. I couldn't wait to get to a taxi and some air conditioning. We got cornered by one dude and Dorothy finally told him that she was getting sick from the heat. I figured she was actually getting sick because it was hot. We get to our taxi, a white van, and find that the fee for our 4 mile trip was 23 dollars. First and last time that will happen. He takes us into our hotel, Casas Vilas de Boutique. Nice place but I had to provide them with a credit card as they couldn't tell if our all inclusive package was paid for yet. Nice. Anyhow, a couple of cervasas later and things seemed to get better. Omar took us to our room, after having to change rooms because the key wouldn't work to 606 so we moved next door to 607. Wonderful room, internet, king size bed with a big shell behind it. Jacuzzi bath with a shower. Nice marble and stone floors. More than I expected.

Had a couple of more cervazas and went back to the lobby and met with marion who showed us some things to do that had mainly to do with other Casa Vilas hotels. Mainly learned that if we want to eat at any of the finer cafe's in their line of hotels that we had better make a reservation.

We take a nap and wake up to darkness and one heck of a thunderstorm, lightning, heavy rain. Still very warm. My lens steams up when i take it outdoors. 2 hours later it is still going crazy. Anyhow, I looked out the main door and there were 2 peacocks, man and wife, hanging out there. Dripping wet. I gave them a pretzel. I think I will join the future mrs. miller in bed and enjoy the sounds of thunder and lightning in lovely PV. later...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb