Done Deal.


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Puerto Vallarta
May 12th 2007
Published: May 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, there's no turning back now since the non-refundable plane tickets have been purchased, so now we move to the next piece of the travel puzzle which involves getting our "stuff" in order.

Passports need to be re-newed, gear needs to be acquired, borrowed or purchased. The objective is to travel as lightly as possible, so just the essentials. It's a great feeling to know that after so much discussion, debate and whatnot, we have finalized a plan and can begin to focus more on the "doing" as opposed to the "wondering."

Much of the fun of a trip of this nature is doing the research. As I view the variety of destinations, activities, and accommodations, it really gets me motivated to search for our best options. We are definitely interested in the whole ecolodge experience and Ecuador is not lacking in that dept. I've found a couple that look really great and I will continue my research.

I did secure a reservation with "The Secret Garden" which is the award winning Hostel in Quito. It certainly looks like they've got it going on what with the great rooftop terrace, the nightly bonfires, the music and the organic food. It looks like a really interesting place with lots going on. That's the kind of place I love best.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb