RVing in Mexico with Raymondo and Marsia - 2013


Advertisement
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Melaque
March 21st 2013
Published: March 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

We've spent the past week in Melaque (San Patricio-Melaque) to be exact. The village takes its name from it's patron saint, whom we call St. Patrick. The history behind the name is quite amusing. During the Mexican American war of 1846 - 48, a unit of Irish Americans were sent to this area to fight for the United States. As we all know, Irish immigrants in America were not well treated in ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

These are some pictures of the former Casa Grande Hotel in Melaque.  It was destroyed by the 1995 earthquake/tsunami centered in Manzanillo a few miles to the south.These are some pictures of the former Casa Grande Hotel in Melaque.  It was destroyed by the 1995 earthquake/tsunami centered in Manzanillo a few miles to the south.
These are some pictures of the former Casa Grande Hotel in Melaque. It was destroyed by the 1995 earthquake/tsunami centered in Manzanillo a few miles to the south.

This sign says that the public is prohibited from entering, that the place is ejido (community property). Emilio Zapata was a leader of the 1910 Mexican Revolution and is still revered today.

Sunset at La Manzanilla.  The beach with wide firm sand extends for miles but they seem to roll up the streets at sunset.Sunset at La Manzanilla.  The beach with wide firm sand extends for miles but they seem to roll up the streets at sunset.
Sunset at La Manzanilla. The beach with wide firm sand extends for miles but they seem to roll up the streets at sunset.

We only spent one night there. Hopefully, next year I can walk the length of the beach.



1st April 2013

I like it :)
I miss being there! I'm glad you made it to La Manzanilla, our favorite beach.

Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0819s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb