November 7, 2013 Dominoes and Theatre


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Ajijic
November 8th 2013
Published: November 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

In the afternoon, our friends Wendy and Lorne picked us up and we went to a nearby clubhouse in El Parque. The clubhouse is part of the housing complex where our other friends live. It was really walking distance from us if we had known where we were going. There we had a nice reunion with Dona and Michael and played Mexican Train dominoes with them, Wendy and Lorne, and a few of their friends.

Donna, who volunteers at the Lakeside Little Theatre had a couple of free tickets for that evening which was a pre-opening night performance of The Heiress. She offered them to us and we gratefully accepted.

After dominoes, Wendy and Lorne took us to their house for a pre-dinner drink and then to a little seafood restaurant in San Antonio for dinner. It was a very nice, small family run restaurant that enjoyed and will definitely visit again.

After dinner, they dropped us off at the theatre.

Lakeside Little Theatre is a small but lovely building. The set for the play was amazing, better than some of the sets we have seen in the large Toronto Theatres. The acting was very professional and thoroughly enjoyable. An interesting fact is that the director of this play was Roseann Wilshere, who used to be the Director of the Children’s Theatre in Toronto.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb