November 6, 2013, Market day in Ajijic


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Ajijic
November 6th 2013
Published: November 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday is market day in Ajijic. There are baked goods, fresh vegetables, fish, chicken, handicrafts and clothing all available in this market. The vegetables are much fresher looking than those in the grocery stores. Our friends in Carriacou will understand my excitement when I saw the stacks of celery on the stands.

Strawberries, raspberries and blueberries are in season so along with the regular papaya and bananas and other fruit, I had to buy some seasonal fruit to make use of our new immersion blender.

I also purchased some corn on the cob. A local street food here is steamed corn on the cob smothered with sour cream and the piled high with a cheese that looks similar to parmesan cheese, it isn’t and I don’t know what it’s called, but I bought some. The last ingredient seems to be a powdered hot seasoning, this I didn’t bother with. We will try making our own Mexican style corn on the cob.

While at the market we ran into our ex-cruising friends, Wendy and Lorne (Kamytoo). We had a nice chat and they are going to pick us up tomorrow afternoon and take us to Chapala to meet up with Dona and Michael (Wind Witch) also ex-cruising friends, to play Mexican Train Dominoes.

While we were at the market the cleaning lady took care of our laundry for us. She comes on Mondays to clean and now she comes on Wednesdays to do our laundry. The cost of cleaning is included in our rent and to do all of our laundry, she is charging me about $4 CAD. When she is finished our laundry is nicely folded and placed on our bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb