October 29 Ajijic, Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Ajijic
October 31st 2013
Published: October 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Well, today our adventure began; we emptied and turned off the fridge and all other electrical appliances, took our overstuffed packed bags and headed for a hotel near the airport just before the afternoon rush hour.

It was a relaxing evening with a nice dinner out, and then tv until 9PM when we both fell asleep.

Our flight was at 6:55AM so we were up early, showered, repacked, and down in the hotel lobby by 3:30AM for a cup of coffee. We quickly cancelled the coffee when we realized that the shuttle bus was already there even though we had booked it for 3:50AM.

An early arrival at the airport resulted in no line up for checking in and our bags were tagged to go right through to Guadalajara. We thought we were good to go through security and customs but U.S. customs doesn’t arrive until 4:30AM.

It wasn’t long however and we were sitting by our gate enjoying a nice Starbucks breakfast sandwich.

We arrived in Dallas Fort Worth Airport with all day to kill. After a little snack we walked around terminal D and found the most comfortable chairs available to curl up and have a little siesta. We spent the rest of the day walking, snacking and resting. Finally it was time to find our gate. We did this and after 3 gate changes we were finally boarding about 30 minutes late. It was a full flight and it took a while to board everyone. Finally when everyone was seated and the doors were about to close, they announced that there was a mechanical problem and we would have to deplane, change gates and take another plane. We arrived in Mexico a little more than 2 hours late.

From the time we arrived in Mexico, everything ran smoothly. We went to the taxi booth where we paid for our taxi from Guadalajara to Ajijic Mexico. It would have been a much nicer drive in daylight when we would have been able to see things but it only took about 30 minutes.

Eleanor, our host met us at the door of her beautiful bed and breakfast “Quinta Del Sol”. We were in awe of the architecture from the moment we entered the first main room, true original Mexican ceilings, tile work and concrete walls beautifully decorated.

We were staying in the Casita which was located in the garden on the other side of the pool. The Casita was so beautiful and again very original.



We had set our watches back twice by now and although it was 11PM in Mexico my body was still thinking it was 1AM. We went right to be and left the unpacking until morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1005.4kb