what am i supposed to do with a big furry african mask??


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Acapulco
March 5th 2007
Published: March 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The ViewThe ViewThe View

view from our balcony to the left
Got the bus from Mexico city on friday...suprisingly easy to negiotate our way there, bought the tickets and landed on board...what a great bus??beats the goldliners hands down - altho we ready to get off by the time we reached acapulco as the films they showed where dubbed in the worst mexican accents you can imagine....

The drive itself took us through some nice scenery - really desert like, but through huge mountains and across massive suspension bridges, with a river rollong below...jen reckons she seen john wayne at one point??!!! we tried to take photos and capture that kodak moment but the good scenery was either on the wrong side of the bus from us or jen was too slow with the camera, and instead caught an image of a tree or two along the way...

arrived in acapulco, with no where to go...jumped in a taxi with a random and he immediateky thru out some fliers promising us good price etc...he took us by one or two of them and i can tell the shade of white they where in the picture had turned a brown colour in reality...we had the name of a lil place up
sunset sunset sunset

view from our balcony to the right...chasing sunsets
a "hill" or mountain so he left us there and we managed to grab an apartment thing, massive balcony, kitchen etc for bout 500 peso a nite....not bad considering the town were in...

1st day landed at the beach - copuldnt find a place to lay our towel, no joke...so had to jump on a bus to get to the next beach along..finally found ourselves a spot and lay down only to be stood on by the hundreds of vendors patrolling the beach selling everything from vases, massages, food of all kinds, tatoos, horrendous looking african masks, hair braiding - u name it they sold it...what are we supposed to do with a vase? anyway headed to the sea for a breather only to be run over by boats and david accidently swallowed some sea water which he swears was actually petrol....
eventually david got that scunnered i had to take him to get a beer to calm down....bought a few more en route home and had a better time chilling on our balcony overlooking the bay...

today we took a coastal scenic route round La Quebrada to the beach and lo and behold, a "coca cola" van
The beachThe beachThe beach

Jen on the beach..
pulls over and six men jumped out armed with rifles and started loading big boxes of "coke" into a nearby store. they were definitely dressed like guerrillas from the columbian jungle.....we breezed past saying "hola" like two tubes. we were later to read in our guide book that la quebrada is infamous for drug cartels and shipments coming frm colombia on their way to north america....

after our brush with the drug lords - we caught a bus to a different end of town hoping for a quieter beach, but instead we had to lay beside a few more fat americans on their "vacation"...
the parasols where packed that tightly together one collapsed and whacked jen on the head and grazed her neck...not before time if u ask me....

whoops...

anyway were now updating this...moving onto to puerto escondido tomorrow in search for some quieter beaches...gonna catch the famous cliff divers tonite with a few more beers before gettin the 7 hour bus tomorrow...

we´ll check in again soon...

laters x





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Fat YanksFat Yanks
Fat Yanks

Purposely took to illustrate our fat friends...this guy on my left...soooooo many of them


6th March 2007

fat yanks
hey ppl,sound slike your having an awesome time.murphy is lookin the fone number of one of those fat female yanks!?!?!
6th March 2007

tough time
don't buy any coke it might be laced
9th March 2007

We told you, no ransom money!
Hi Dave and Jen. Seems like you two are on the road to high adventure and then kidnap! Don't say Brian and I didn't warn you. He maintains he is not contributing to the release fund when it comes... Only jokin'. Have a great time I bet your sorry you missed the local elections back here....NOT! P.S. you seem to be getting the same weather as us back here in sunny Norn Iron....?

Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb