High Blue Star in Mexico: The final day


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Distrito Federal » Mexico City
September 3rd 2006
Published: September 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The show went well considering all of the problems that started out the evening. At one point during that evening, Leonardo left for the hotel to change. Upon his return, told us that the lock to the door of our room was broken and the doorman had to break into our room. The result was that Martin and I lost our spacious room and were put in a room that was super damp and smelled musty. Being as tired as we were it didn't really matter much.

We woke up on Sunday and went to the restaurant in the hotel. MMmmmmm...coffee. We watched a mix of soccer and Mexican wrestling on the TVs around the room. After brunch we gathered our equipment and belongings and met Leonardo's father and brother and sent everything back to their house. We had an interview later that day so up until we were to meet we wandered around for awhile and tried to meet up with a friend of Leonardo but had no luck. As we walked the street we came across a bank that had a flag from every nation hung from its roof. We thought it kind of funny that the American flag was actually hung backwards, so of course I took a picture of it.



After this little excursion we returned to La Selva Cafe for the interview. The day once again ended at Leonardo's house where we drank some beer and a little tequila before heading off to bed. Our flights left early in the morning and we were all a bit fried.



All in all Mexico was wonderful. We saw lots of new things, met a lot of people and got to see quite a bit of daily life. We're hoping it will happen again next year as well.


As for now thats the end
Next trip is to Raleigh North Carolina for Ekcentrik Festival on October 8th. See you then!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb