Mexico City!!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Distrito Federal » Mexico City
September 3rd 2011
Published: September 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Nick and Julias Big Trip


Mexico City is absolutely mental and I loved every second of it. We stayed in the Centro Historico which itself has more museums, bars, cafes, shops, galleries than you can shake a stick at and this central district is just a tiny dot if you looked at a map of the whole metropolis. In our 3 days in the capital we managed to explore Centro, Zona Rosa and the massive Chapultepec park. We also got out to the impressive pyramids at Teotihuacan which is an hour out of town, just after the suburbs stop! A night at the wrestling was a highlight too, the locals go nuts for it supporters of opposing 'sides' are on either side of the stadium meaning the atmosphere was like a football match. Another expericence was riding the MC metro, its only M$3 (around 15p) and the tube could learn a few lessons from it. Unfortunatley the 'wait for others to alight before boarding' rule hasnt reached this part of the World yet meaning at some stops its like being down the front at a Shed 7 gig. Have to say I felt as safe on the hectic streets of Mexico City as any other European capital however there is a big Police presence. A reminder of the dangers around though on the bus back from the pyramids all chicos were ordered off the bus for a complimentary pat down from the policia, which was nice.

So 3 days in the crazy capital and we leave for Peubla. Still a large city of 1.5 million but tiny compared to Mexico City its only 2 hours south east.




Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb