A slow day in Vallarta


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Colima
December 1st 2005
Published: December 20th 2005
Edit Blog Post

I slept well and decide to stay in Vallarta one more day. I move down to old town to the neat and clean hotel Ana Liz. This is a great little budget hotel with a bright little awning accented in brilliant orange featuring clean smallish rooms and hot water for less than 20 usd single before December 15th. Rates go up nominally for the high season after the 15th. The beds are a little worn and lumpy but if you are a "flexible" sleeper it's a good place to land for a few days.

It feels really warm here now I'm sweating a bit so I head down to one of the little palapa restaurants on the water. The barbecued fish on a stick looks good and it turns out to be delicious. After washing this down with cold agua mineral con limon y sal and it's feeling like a very good day indeed!

I purchase a copy of Ocho Columnas a not too deep daily newspaper out of Guadalajara. It's got bigger print than most newspapers which makes it easy to read on a bouncing careening bus. It has a lot of pictures too especially in the society section which provides a lot of visual clues making the reading of Spanish a lot easier. This is a great way to tune up your Spanish.

After a pleasant dinner with my buddy Jim at a nice little second floor bistro it's back to the Ana Liz for a little sleep before I roll out at 6:300 am to catch the 8:15 Primera Plus bus from the corner a few blocks over on calle Aquacate. I'm headed to Manzanillo and then on to Armeria and Cuyutlan a little beach town on the south Colima coast. It will be a long day on many busses and there will be some on the fly figuring out of things too as I'm headed into new territory which is very exciting.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb