A Climb up out of the canyon and back home (the Bothan)!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Chihuahua » Copper Canyon
February 11th 2007
Published: March 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we climbed up out of the canyon of Batopalis in the van, the road is incredible, a dirt road with ruts and drop-offs and we drove for 40+ miles. We took a side-trip to the Cascade-waterfalls. Our car, a Suburban, followed what appeared to be a foot trail, up and down dirt rocks, then turned onto a stream and followed the stream to yet another dirt road. Yes the waterfall was lovely, but the journey was incredible.
Between the wind and dust and the dry dessert it was good to get back to Creel. The Best Western was a sight for dusty travelers, way too expensive, but …Oh that hot shower was great!
Monday February 12, 2007. After breakfast, we said “Goodbye” to our travel friends---what fun people. Paula, Frankie, Jim and Wally were such easy people to be with, we really lucked out! The last few days were very memorable because of them.
We took a ride to Divisadero to finish sightseeing, then on to the train to return to the Bothan in El Fuerte. After six plus hours on the train we returned to El Fuerte. One funny(?) ending, the ole hombre, taxi driver “no
This guy did not make the bend, whoops!This guy did not make the bend, whoops!This guy did not make the bend, whoops!

But they will get it out. This is an illustration of how sharp and steep the curves are going down to the bottom of the Copper Canyon.
habla en ingles”. He nodded “Si,si” as I gave him the name of the RV Park. As we rapidly drove off with the hatch opened, we thought our luggage fell out. Senor Hombre got out to check, but failed to put the van in park, so we were rolling—having had way too much cervezas (beers), our ride continued into the city center—“No no senor!! I called “Alto” (stop). Finally a clerk in a hotel clarified the directions and we arrived home after a long travel day. The six hour train ride was easy,…the killer was the 15 minute taxi ride. Well, we are home in the Bothann, even if it is in El Fuerta Mexico!



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Special ParkSpecial Park
Special Park

This is a falls that we visited, we wish we could show you the river and the road we drove through to get to the falls, we couldn’t believe the Suburban was sea worthy.
Copper Canyon, just beautiful.Copper Canyon, just beautiful.
Copper Canyon, just beautiful.

this is a view of the hotel


2nd March 2007

Copper Canyon
Paul and I plan on going to Copper Canyon some day. We are leaving it for when we drive. Trying to catch places that we need to fly to first. Copper Canyon looks as beautiful as advertised, so I think we will put it on our "TO DO" list. Our next trip is Madagascar, probably after the NCTA Annual Conference. Continue your fun !!!!! joyce and paul
1st June 2011
Copper Canyon, just beautiful.

This place looks absolutely beautiful !
21st June 2011

Mexico
This is one of the best places on the Copper Canyon

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb