Update


Advertisement
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello all.

If you are wondering where the other entries went to on this blog they have disappeared. The server for the site crashed and so have lost alot of people stuff. Just glad we hadnt done that much yet.

We are currently in San Cristobal Las Casas, in the mountains of Chiapas, which is in the southern part of mexico, not far from guatemala. It is a beautiful colonial town, with lovely cobbled streets and colourful houses. the main square is a picture, with locals and tourists enjoying music and dancing to the sounds of central america. There are alot of gringos here though, much more than anywhere else, and it is evident that this town is alot richer than elsewhere we have been. Theres even burger kings and dominos pizza! WE are hoping to visit the palenque ruins tommorrow, which are world famous as they are classical maya deep im the jungle. Visited a couple of local towns today, one of which practices polygamy, and wives are bought and sold! Scary really!

THe beach last week was a great time to chill out and relax, although th heat was intense. The food was amazing too, with the best prawns ive ever tasted, and so cheap too! By the time of the nexty blog we should hopefully be in guatemala, and have visited the jungle.

Hope everyone is well back home.

Dave and Laura

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb