Palenque


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Chiapas » Palenque
November 5th 2005
Published: November 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

RuinsRuinsRuins

Some of the ruins as seen from the highest temple, beatiful day in a beautiful place.
Well our last day in Mexico and a great one at that. We visited the Mayan ruin site of Pelenque and spent hours wandering around, reinacting invasions, trying to figure out what ballcourt was, and imagining the "queens bath" with the nude mayan queen bathing in it.

There was lots of walking up and down and all around the site, plus the museum. It was an odd day because we all had bizzare budgets. We wanted to spend all the rest of our pesos, so for Ryan and I it meant we couldnt eat, and for Jord it meant he had to find a way to spend all the money without killing himself with food and drink.

Plus we didnt know what the ticket to Flores would cost so we didnt know how much we had to even spend. I skipped breakfast and walked back from the ruins to save 10 pesos plus breaky costs.

We got the ticket for 350 and then I had 90 pesos for food! Lunch and Dinner! Ry and I ate and then we took it pretty easy since our departure tommorow is planned for 6am. We sat around in the middle of
BathBathBath

The Queens bath!
the jungle cursing our laundry since it just WONT DRY from the humidity. Its much more wet then when I took it out of the sink actually.

Made new friends with the local cat (this is about the time Jord came back from the bar after spending all his money on rum and cokes finally broke) and we enjoyed playing with it even though it got really annoying. We discussed some philosophy and then went to bed.

Advertisement



14th November 2005

queen's bath
Wish I was a queen...beautiful setting.

Tot: 0.367s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 25; qc: 124; dbt: 0.2865s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb