In Puerto de Pichilingue


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Baja California
May 9th 2017
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 24.1385, -110.317

Philip and I passed on the tours of La Paz today and decided to stay on the ship instead. I did walk off for a few minutes to look at the market set up on the pier and take some photos of the ship. We haven't been in any ports that provided a good photo opportunity until today. The ship looks so small compared to the photos of so many other cruise ships.

We both checked email. Philip went to the afternoon movie but I skipped it choosing to sit on the balcony. The weather has been beautiful. As I write now after dinner, I am planning on going to the show—identical twins Will and Anthony who sing and tell jokes. Phil is going to watch another movie on TV. There is a stargazing night planned for later that looks interesting.

…..

The singers were good, and their banter was fun, too. At times, they sounded like typical arguing siblings and other times talked with anyone in the audience they chose to pick on.

The stargazing event was a bust. The host talked about all the constellations we weren't going to see because of the light pollution from the moon or because they were below the horizon. He did point out the Big Dipper and Polaris, but then went back to talking about more constellations that weren't visible. They chose tonight for the stargazing because the weather was expected to be good with no clouds. However, there is a full moon tomorrow so it is very bright tonight. The view of the moon reflected on the water is lovely. I left the stargazing early and stopped by the trivia game that had a paranormal theme. It was more fun.

Question for the Day: What actor smuggled a supposed Yeti finger into Britain for DNA testing? Turns out that was Jimmy Stewart. I wonder why. The trivia game did not come with explanations.




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.296s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0882s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb