San Quientin


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Baja California » San Quintín
February 15th 2011
Published: July 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After a late departure from San Diego we finally crossed the border into Tijuana. We had to make a stop at Wal-Mart & Best Buy to get a few things, but we were finally on our way. We crossed the border and used the trusty handheld Garmin GPS to find Hertz car rental in Tijuana. We collected our vehicle and went to Rosarito to visit my Mom, Fernando and my little Sisters. Cristina and I were starving, so we were glad to see that my Mom had some Polo Guisado on the stove. We ate some Pollo, Arroz and some Quesadillas and we waited until Fernando came back from work. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, we corssed the border and Cristina and forgotten her Driver's License. Fernando had stopped by my house to get the license before coming home to Rosarito.
We finally loaded the car and we were off down south of Baja California. We stopped for gas and tried to have some famous tacos from "El Yaqui" in Rosarito, but the taco stand were closed. We did get some good and tasty tacos from "Tacos y Tortas Nortenos," which satisfied our appetites and got us going. We started driving and it was about 7 pm. We made it to Ensenada and got a little lost, cause the "Mex-1" highway went into the city, but we were quickly on our way and back en route. We stopped in Bahia San Quientin and found the Old Mill Hotel. We got there very late and the place looked well kept and was right on the water. It was about 11:30 pm when we arrived and the reception for the Old Mill Hotel was closed. They had a note on their door that stated room 15 was open and available and the cost was $35 USD. We could of stayed there and paid the following morning, but we decided to pitch our tent instead. We had the best view on the beach! Right next to the water.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0686s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb