Happy Easter Week and other stuff....


Advertisement
Published: April 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

New Gate New Gate New Gate

This is the finished gate that we had put up so we can pull in the car and store it inside when we leave.
Saludos de los Barriles. The weather here has been very weird the last few weeks, still a lot of wind which has prevented me from kayaking but I guess the alternative of snow and rain is much worse so I don't complain. The fisherman are none too happy either.

Our painter from last year, Rogelio, came by for a visit. He said that he had no work for three months and hopes for it to pick up with the coming fishing season. Gringo tourism is really down here as it is in many places so the locals are really hurting.

About a week ago we took a ride over to La Ribera where they are building a new marina and hope that it will soon be a booming tourist trap. It didn't appear that much construction was going on there either. We then went over to the Lighthouse where I could do some shelling but there were not a lot of new or interesting shells and the water was too rough to do any snorkeling. After a couple of hours, we decided to head back. The road to the Lighthouse is another wash board (like most roads) so we
The Iguana is backThe Iguana is backThe Iguana is back

Our friendly Iguana is now out of hibernation and comes out daily to visit and sun himself.
took it slowly out when we heard a noise under the car. A tie rod broke on the right side. I now know more about tie rods--they control the steering. We limped out to the main road and decided to take a chance and continue on the way back to Los Barriles. It was a slow ride and thankfully almost all the curves veered to the left--the right tie rod was out. Mike is a very cautious driver and a great navigator so that is a plus--but I still had white knuckles! We took the car up to Oscar, the mechanic. He stopped what he was working on, told us to pull up the car, looked at the broken tie rod and said that he had a piece that would hold us until he got the new part. In about 20 minutes, we were on our way back to the park. Mike went back last Wednesday, Oscar put in the new tie rod and we are back in business. We are no longer going to frequent the Mad Dog mechanic/welder!!

Not too much excitement around here but maybe with the Easter week here maybe there will be some more
Pig RoastPig RoastPig Roast

We had a pig roast a couple of weeks ago. Jose Luis was hired to do the cooking and it was superb!
stories as the week continues. Not too many locals are at the beach here yet but perhaps as the week goes on? Not any vendors either!

Hope all is well...............only a few more weeks and we will be home. Boo hoo. But I do miss my kitties a LOT so it will be nice to reconnect with them and the rest of our family! Send news!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Babysitting Rosie and MetooBabysitting Rosie and Metoo
Babysitting Rosie and Metoo

They are too cute! And such good little girls!
Art Fair Art Fair
Art Fair

The local art fair took place about a week ago put on by the Art Association here in Los Barriles. Fantastic showing of art here. This is not a great photo, but I bought this piece that is made out of dyed straw. It goes back to the time of the Aztecs who developed this art and is carried on by a few now.


7th April 2009

How could you eat that beautiful pig!!!!!
For once I have some news. My son and DIL from Denver paid a surprise visit. I went to Juli's Sat. a.m. supposedly to go to the twins baseball game and back to the house for a cookout....when I walked in the front door, Angie and Kevin are coming down the stairs!! For once in my life I was speechless...stood there like a doofus thinking who/what/where????? And the g'children all knew about it for at least a month and didn't give it away....now that was an accomplishment, at least for Sebastian (the blabbermouth!). Little Riley will be 1 yr. old the end of this month so we celebrated his birthday early. He is such a little doll, fat cheeks, big blue eyes and reddish-blonde curls. , It's going to be hard to return to Michigan, but you've always got next year to look forward to. Seems you've accomplished a lot to your home this year and it looks great.

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb