Wind, dust and other updates………..


Advertisement
Published: March 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Boat for the cruiseBoat for the cruiseBoat for the cruise

Nice fishing boat.......
Not much excitement around here after the fox incident. It has been very windy too! We were to go out on little coastal tour on Thursday morning for the day and got out on the boat and headed north. As the tide came in, the wind blew up and the waves got really rough so the captain decided that we should not continue on and we headed back to shore. It was kind of disappointing but at the same it was not a pleasant ride so it was good to get back on land!

After that, we came back and continued to watch the work get done---slowly but surely. Right now, all the steps are in and the railing around the upper deck is in place. There are “little” things that need to be done and the sombra dude needs to come back to finish that off. Humberto is the guy who has done the palapa and sombra work. All he needs to do is to trim off the palo de arco sticks and put a few more up over the palapa edge. Probably would take about ½ hour or so. But where is he? No one knows. I do know where he lives however! Ha ha! Then Isidro, our foreman, needs get someone who was to show up today to cut off the tongue of the camper, but guess what? HE DIDN’T!!!! Maybe next week? Also yet to be completed is the railing on the stairway and some finsh work on the cement . So later today (Friday) the guys are cleaning up and getting ready to go. Mike is sitting out there having a beer and watching and Isidro says, “How about a gift for us?” Of course in Spanish, and although I understood what he was saying, I wasn’t sure what gift I owed him! ha ha! So I kind of looked in wonderment and he adds, “A beer as a gift to us!” Now, Mike has been offering them coffee every morning, so why not a beer too??? We got a good one out of that one. And Mike says ,”I knew I shouldn’t have had a beer in front of them! Now they will ask for that after work”.

Isidro had his friend, the electrician, come over to give us an estimate to put up some wire and outlets and put a circuit box in the storage room. After we get that all sorted out, Mike says to tell him that we would like him to install this new water heater (our gas one is in bad shape). Another HUGE fiasco! It is bad enough that I do not even understand the set-up in English, but then I have to give him instructions on how we want it set up! Bypass the gas water tank or not? Connect directly into the WHATEVER! Everything HAS to be exactly spelled out it won’t be what you expected.

So that is the extent of thing now. We are going to a park potluck tonite so that will be good and…..I don’t have to cook……….

One of the big controversies here is the “water” draining down our street outside the park. Apparently they are “testing” to see if everything is going to drain properly but the sad thing is that they are sending SEWER water down the street that is designed for rain water that will eventually run into the ocean. It has been quite stinky here and folks are not happy. I would say that one load is enough but now it is day 2!

Ok…………enjoy the pics.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The roofThe roof
The roof

You can see here how they come together...we still have to get netting...............more$$$$$$$$$$$!!!! uUghh....


8th March 2008

windy city !!
hi there, have heard about the wind and cool weather from friends in Bahia de Los Angeles, curtailed their fishing trips somewhat. Your place is looking great, it must be annoying for the "speed" of progress but as you say it's Mexico.....and what a fab place to chill out over the winter and afternoons in the shade sitting up on your platform taking in the views....we'll join you one day for a drink !!!! cheerio ... love Issy n dave xxx
8th March 2008

Nice Progress
Looking good, you guys! Sue
8th March 2008

Love the balcony, it's going to be so nice when it's finished! Enjoy a beer or two for me up there..........
10th March 2008

PROGRESS THE MEXICAN WAY!!
ENJOY YOUR PROGRESS NOTES. LOOKS LIKE ITS COMING ALONG. WHAT A LIFE. WISH I WERE THERE WITH YOU. LOVE TO YOU. JAN

Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb