Buena Vista, BCS


Advertisement
Published: October 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Casa Ballena (see, Abajavaction.com-scroll to Spa Buena Vista and look for the name of the house)
45 minutes North of the airport at San Jose Del Cabo at KM 105 is the dirt road turnoff to Spa Buena Vista. Take a right and stay on the sandy road past the Hotel Buena Vista and turn right at the large garage with green trim then go up a little hill and turn left on Galeon. On the left is Casa Ballena with its blue trim. We bought this home in 2000 with good friends. It is 100 yards from the Sea of Cortez and the Bahia de las Palmas. In February and March windsurfers flock to the area. One can dive with Mark and Jennifer Rayor (Vistaseasport.com) year around but the water is around 62 degrees during the winter and starts to warm up in late May. In August it hits the mid 80's. Cabo Pulmo is 45 minutes south by boat where millions of different fish hang out in a National Preserve. Deep sea fishing is best in August and September. The famous Bisbee Tournament has come to Buena Vista and Los Barriles in August. In October, Cabo San Lucas hosts an even bigger version. We have gone out with Mark on his cruiser, JenRen twice with our tennis team and with Abe Garcia from the little village of Arroyo Seco in northern New Mexico (See, Taosvillas.com). The weather is great but sometimes a big wind (Chubasco) comes in in August or September. We have been in BCS for two Chubascos, Ignacio and Marty, and were diving in La Paz, Baja California, and took a direct hit in 1996 (Fausto). These are Grade one winds and nothing like the Atlantic. They usually pass quickly and head west or inland. Since the storms the Mexican government has done a great job improving Highway One and bridges over the arroyos and washes have been installed. It is a 2.5 hour drive north from the airport to La Paz. The flights to San Jose (SJD) are daily. We are headed down from Denver on November 2 on American West.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb