The Baja Adventure Continues.....2010


Advertisement
Published: December 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Never a dull moment here in the Baja. The first event took place in the airport after the luggage went thru the xray. I was carrying 3 laptops (don't ask....) and the agent wanted to see the laptops. Not because of security; he just wanted to see them, ask where we got them and how much they cost. Of course, all I am thinking is that they want to charge us for bringing them in, so I punch Mike as he begins to divulge the info. So we go on our way to get the checked luggage and no blown up luggage this year! How nice. So we get out of there, go directly for a Pacifico and go to await our ride, compliments of our friends, Doug and Terri..... They are prompt w/ a cooler full of Pacificos and we are on our way. About halfway along the way back, a van slips over the middle line just enough to knock off Doug's mirror! Sounded like a gunshot but all was OK but sure sounded scary. Day one.....

We get to our place to find that it has been cleaned fairly well, the new tile is amazingly fabulous! What
SizeSizeSize

This gives you an idea of the size of the babies
a HUGE difference. We are more than pleased. We also had a concrete couch put in as well as a side chair and a shelf for the TV. We still need to do some clean up from the cement work (not included in the price) but it looks great and we are thrilled! We had also requested a ceiling fan to be installed and it was.....sort of.......The fan is in place but there are no blades!!! Gabriel explained that he had the blades but that they needed to be sanded and painted, but, as he turned the switch he said, "See, it works!". Now the question is....when willl the blades be installed???? (Photos to follow....)

As they say here, "poco a poco", little by little things get done, but I don't mind it at all. The weather is perfect, Mike is feeling better and today I got to see about 15 baby sea turtles hatch! It was so amazing. Just down the beach a bit, there is a fenced area where several hundred sea turtle eggs were buried and protected. I was sure that it was too late, but we had heard that there were still some hatchings so we headed down on the ATVs and sure enough there were 2 babies that had just emerged from the sand. I was so excited to see them. Later a volunteer who oversees the project came down and he started digging in the nest and here emerged like 15 more babies! Some still in the shell! He explained that they were too cold to go into the water and that they were pretty lethargic. We got to hold them in our hands and warm them up. They are just so cute. Within about an hour they were moving around and ready to make the trek to the water! It is hard to know how many will make it, but it surely was a momentous occasion for me!

After that, I went to Cabo San Lucas to visit the Artesanos shop that sells all the Mexican pottery. It was fun to see all the Christmas stuff so I did buy a few little ornaments. Later we went into San Jose and had lunch at a Thai restaurant that served GREAT food. I know, when in Mexico, eat Thai??? Call it a "cultural" experience but it was fun. On the way back, we had to stop at our second hand store--no good bargaining there so we have decided to never go there again!!! lol.

So.....that is about it from here. Oh, dog fight in the park too. Park dog got a few stitches but is OK.

TV is working , on ESPN all the time, Mike is happy.........................

More adventures to come.........

Advertisement



5th December 2010

Awww
Baby turtles, awwww!
5th December 2010

Baja fun!
So glad to hear that you made it safely....how cool to get to see the turtles hatch, they are so tiny. Can't wait to see pictures and find out how long it takes for your ceiling fan to work!! Looking forward to following along on your adventures!! xoxo
5th December 2010

The turtles are so cute. Glad to hear you made it okay. It was so good talking to you both last night.. Looking forward to the more photos and great adventures. We will have the laptop fired up on the 18th so you can be part of the Christmas. LY, Frank & Carol
7th December 2010

Cool!!!
Awesome pics of the baby turtles! What a cool experience. Can't wait to see pics of your new tile! It sounds cool. Glad you made it safely and are enjoying the warmth... Needless to say, it's snowing here!
8th December 2010

Awww!
Those turtles are so cute. It sounded really neat that you were able to see some of them hatch. Not much going on here because IT IS FREEZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to get out of here. We will leave December28 for the trek out West. Keep us informed. Love the blog. Sue

Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb