A visit to Las Cabos


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Baja California Sur » La Paz
March 3rd 2009
Published: March 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

kendra-san jose 023kendra-san jose 023kendra-san jose 023

The beach at Cabo.
While Mark is busy doing Spanish homework, I will take the opportunity to send a new update.
We took a week off from Spanish lessons to tour the country when Kendra came to visit for a week with her boyfriend Scott. We picked them up at the San Jose/Cabo San Lucas airport and stayed for the night to tour the area.
The next day, we took a trip out to see the Sea Lions and the famous Arch of Cabo San Lucas. It was a great trip- the arch is pretty spectacular, and you can actually see two different bodies of water at one point- the Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Cortez. We did the tourist thing in Cabo, eating lunch in a small local restaurant, where we practiced our Spanish. Ha! After we had finished trying to order the meal, the Mexican customer at the next table looks at us with a smile and says- “having a hard time?” He laughed with us over our very basic Spanish. Hopefully- we will be better at this as time goes on! The good news is- we did get what we thought we ordered- and it was delicious.
After lunch, we headed
kendra-san jose 036kendra-san jose 036kendra-san jose 036

Two water bodies- the Pacific and the Sea of Cortez
north to make the 3 hour trip home-which we stretched to 5 or 6. We stopped at another beautiful beach, where we walked and played in the waves a bit- or , I stand corrected- Scott was the only one brave enough to take the cold water- and he played in them. We watched, and timidly poked our toes in. Kendra said she wasn’t feeling good…………..
The next stop was in Todos Santos, where we checked out the Hotel California- just a tourist stop with apparently no true connection to the Eagles.
The last beach stop was again beautiful, and we even managed to drag Kendra out of the car to watch the whales playing just off the shore.
From there, Kendra begged to just go home, and we finally had to accept that she really wasn;t well after she decorated the countryside a few times with her lunch. Poor kid-not a great start to the holiday!
More updates to follow!
N n M



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

kendra-san jose 045kendra-san jose 045
kendra-san jose 045

The famous arch at Cabo San Lucas with Kendra and Scott
kendra-san jose 155kendra-san jose 155
kendra-san jose 155

Can you see the whales off the beach? They were definitely in close!
kendra-san jose 174kendra-san jose 174
kendra-san jose 174

A different kind of forest. NOt the kind we see in Canada!


5th March 2009

I am jealous

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017.6kb