What You Will Need To Travel To Canada


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada
November 9th 2016
Published: November 9th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Everybody has a place that they want to visit once in their life, and Canada is one of these many different locations around the world. To be honest, if Canada is one of the places you want to visit in your life, I wouldn’t blame you at all.

There are many things that make Canada so attractive and for wildlife enthusiasts, it doesn’t hurt that Canada is one of the gateways into the great Alaskan Wildernesses.

What will you need to travel to Canada?

The first thing you will need when looking at traveling to Canada is a visa. Some people will refer to this visa as a Canada visa.

To get your visa you will need to have an array of different documents. These documents can vary depending on the country of your current residence, however, most countries will require you to have the following;

• Identification documents

• A valid passport

• Visa application documentation

• Application fee

• Or if you are a foreign national that comes from a visa-exempt country you need an Electronic Travel authorization or eTA

Once you have all the documentation in order the next
step will be to go to the nearest Canadian Embassy and complete the application and pay the required fee, you will also be required to have your biometrics taken by the embassy when applying for a visa. Hence, why it is extremely important that you go in person.

Do you need an eTA?

If you are a permanent resident of the United States of America or have a green card or any other registration card from another country that is on the list of countries that require an eTA you will need and eTA to fly or travel to Canada. If any of the information above does not apply to you, you will most likely need a visa.

How do you apply for an eTA?

As mention before if you live in a country that is exempt from a Canadian visa, you will need to have to apply for an eTA or electronic Travel Authorization.

Appling for an eTA is a simple online process that will take minutes to complete, for more information about which countries need what be sure to look at www.eta-canada-visa.com.

eTA exemptions

You can be exempt from needing to
have an eTA if the following exemptions apply to you;

• You are a national of the United States of America

• A member of the Canadian Royal Family

• French Citizens who reside in Miquelon and St. Pierre and you travel directly from your hometown to Canada.

• Workers, students and visitors crossing the border from the United State back into Canada as long as you have not overstayed your time in the United States.

In conclusion

To conclude, it is not difficult to visit Canada.

It is important to remember that if you reside in a country that requires you to apply for a visa that you do so in person.

If you are only required to have an eTA then it is a quick and easy process that will take place online.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.763s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb