Day 29 - Tall Order


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada
August 27th 2011
Published: August 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We began our last day in Nova Scotia by getting breakfast at McDonald’s and Timmies. Then we stopped quickly to see the Windsor Mud Flats. Shortly after we went to see the Hopewell Rocks. The Hopewell rocks were crazy ! They were huge flower rocks that must were over 120 feet tall. We went down a giant staircase to walk on the sea floor. I pointed out the kelp to everyone and we took millions of pictures. We finished off by walking in the silky smooth, mud shrimp filled mud. Then we rinsed off and had to go back to the top because the tide was coming back in. After viewing the rocks we went and read about them in the interpretive center before we left to go horseback riding. On the trail ride we saw a cow and her new born calf. We continued onto a covered bridge into some marshland. 2 hours later we got back to the stables where we saw the cow had another calf so it in fact had twins. After our horse ride we continued down the road to a small town called Alma where we stopped to get a last maritime dinner of lobster before we continued down to the states. When we got to the Alma Lobster shop we met a guy named Martin and he explained how to cook the lobster and what to use to dip it in. After talking to him a while and buying all our goods we went to leave and he came after us telling us about a tour he does on his boat and that he might be doing one in the morning. Next thing you know he invited us to stay at his house in the trailer and Dad took him up on his offer. Then Dad started talking to him and helped him change some tires, next thing you know he was inviting us to go on a lobster boat with his Dad who was helping out with a study for the government.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb