Long time coming.


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Saskatchewan » Regina
February 2nd 2006
Published: March 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

I'm sure you can all understand me when I say that the last two months have been both dragging and rushing by. Checklists to create and finish, gear to research and purchase, itineraries to plan, insurance, work arrangements, moving, blah,blah,blah. It's has taken up so much real estate in my mind that it gets to the point that you want to say,"to hell with it lets go already!". Plans have changed so much since we started thinking about this that the only thing that we've decided on for sure is to remain flexible. We're rank amateurs at bicycle touring and most of our gear is untested so it's a virtual certainty that we will have some painful lessons to learn, but what better way to learn. Speaking of painful lessons, as most of you know Vicki and I have been in seperate cities for most of our relationship and as you may not know we tend to scrap when we travel together, so of course it seemed like a natural progression for us to go on a year long vacation with us living together in a two person tent or a cramped hostel. Kidding aside, it will be a great opportunity for us to learn about each other and grow together ( cue Oprah theme music ). Here we go!

Advertisement



3rd March 2006

Hey Flatlanders - great to hear from you - have a wonderful trip!!!!!
9th March 2006

So what
Why should you be any different than any other travelling couple?
10th March 2006

found your blog
sounds like everything is off to a good start! take care!

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb