Finally ..... On the road again


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Saskatchewan » Regina
November 14th 2007
Published: November 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well here we are , "on the road again" , driving out of the driveway on Nov. 3rd ( we always seem to leave 2 days later than what we plan .... next year I'm going to pretend to leave on Oct. 29 and see if we can REALLY get away on Nov.1 ) with that "ahhhhh finally ", .... feeling that everything is covered for the next 6 months .... mail, cable, phone, water heater, etc.,etc. Content in that what we had forgotten would just be left behind and we would just have to "deal with it" !!!

Our first stop would be in Calgary to visit family and friends before leaving Canada. Of course that included an early "mini Christmas" with our 2 grandgirls, plus their parents. Among our christmas gifts were a set of 32 CD's ( 42 hours in all .... ya , I know , sounds formidable !!!) of the novel " Pillars of the Earth " by Ken Follett . We have been really, REALLY enjoying them as we travel south on the interstate heading for warmer weather.

After the three hour trip getting out of Calgary ( and that's another story ... a "senior moment" .... hope you found your bag in one piece Joyce :-( ) on Nov.9th, we headed south. We spent the first night in Great Falls, the second night in Salt Lake City , and then "stalled" in Las Vegas for a couple days to sample some of the sights, sounds ( imploding of the old Frontier Casino) ..... and great buffets . We left LV each about 5 pounds heavier .

We are now in LA , finally accessing the internet and getting this blog thing started. The weather is absolutely fabulous at 77 degrees ( wonder what it is in Regina ??? ) .... or at least it was when I started this .... seems like a loooong time ago :-( ( about 10 degrees higher than normal ...... "they" say ). Tomorrow we are biking the "bike path" along the ocean from Hermosa Beach all the way north to Venice Beach .... beautiful paved path ALL THE WAY !!! I think Del told me once it was about 25 miles or so .... and absolutely gorgeous. I'll post a picture the next time I get on here. Maybe work off those extra pounds from the LV buffets :-( . I can hardly wait.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb