Gaspé Peninsula


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec
August 30th 2016
Published: July 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 48.8291, -64.4852

Today we followed the route around the Gaspé Peninsula. This is a very scenic route. With the exception of a couple of road work areas, the road is excellent as it wins through small villages. Predominant activities seem to be fishing, farming, some logging, tourism and windmill farms. Oddly most of the windmills were not turning. Perhaps there was little demand on the grid. We did see some of the blades being transported by truck. Probably headed for repairs because they are not manufactured here.

Most villages seems to have a church of some kind and we did notice a couple of bingo signs but there looks to be little community social activities other than the church.

The coastline has become the graveyard for many ships over the years. We stopped and looked at a couple of the lighthouses. Cap des Rosiers is considered the area with the most ship wrecks.

Most villages do have a small roadside park with picnic tables and washrooms but these are probably used more by the tourists.

The town of Gaspé is on the Bay and the B & B we are staying at is a newer extension of an historic home.

The last couple of days have been cooler but very pleasant for travelling.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb