Day 6 Quebec City


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec
July 20th 2015
Published: July 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 6

Starting the day out with coffee and a croissant is the way to go if you're in Quebec. Good thing this city has so many steep hills and stairs because we are taking in all of the glorious food here! Some of the goodies we've eaten are French onion soup, pate, cornichons, "bowls" of cappuccino (yes that's right a bowl because a simple cup is simply not enough!), bread and of course the crepe! Matthew has enjoyed his share of fish whether it be tilapia or haddock with lemon butter caper sauce. What we know of as fondue back in the U.S. is more like fried cheese balls here… though it's more sophisticated that just that. It usually comes with a side of chutney or a little arugula and some grape tomatoes lightly seasoned. No matter… call it what you call it.. it's delicious!

We have walked all over the city (or so it feels). We started out at the Musee de Fort. There we saw an audio reenactment of the battles between the French and British in a theatre with small replicas of the battle ships, soldiers, the St. Lawrence River and the rest of the
Battlefields ParkBattlefields ParkBattlefields Park

Beautiful greenery
city. Quebec truly lives up to it's historical beginnings by maintaining both the English and French languages, but the French language is of course most prominent here.



We then walked all around going to sites such as the streets of Old Quebec and the Plains of Abraham (also known as Battlefields Park). It's definitely hotter here today and the tourists from all over the world are out in full force. We enjoyed a relaxing and delicious lunch in an area where mostly locals dine. No one is in a hurry (not even Alex) and it's truly relaxing and nice being away from the rush of everyday life.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb