Day 7 Rainy day in Quebec


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Québec City
July 22nd 2015
Published: July 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Rue de CartierRue de CartierRue de Cartier

Where we found our boulangerie.
We usually walk about 6 miles per day when we take in all of the sites. All this walking makes you get a workout! Quebec really does have some amazing hilly streets. Luckily there are ways around it… stairs or even the Funiculaire… but if you want to work off the croissant from this morning… the hilly sidewalks in some parts of Quebec will make you work those calories off! If I lived here… I don't think I'd even join a gym since there are enough hills and it's so easy to get around on foot. What I have grown to love best about this city is the beautiful park or Plains of Abraham. There are so many benches and picnic tables to take in all of the beauty that surrounds the park.



Today we went to see the Museum of Abraham. We took a fun bus tour through the park and got a lot of historical background and interesting information about the city. Yesterday as we walked the streets, we found a great little area on Rue de Cartier where there are plenty of bistros and shops. We saw a boulangerie where we decided we would come back to today for lunch. We really walked for it… but it was so worth it! I ate a small tomato tart which had caramelized onions, sweet tomatoes and some swiss cheese baked on top along with a side of pickled cucumber salad. Delish!

Tomorrow we plan to visit a farmer's market and the museum of civilization … all close to our hotel. The hotel staff and very helpful and a very nice amenity in our hotel is a private theatre. They don't advertise it very openly.. our concierge told us about it and we have already seen two movies (one yesterday and one today). It's a great way to spend a rainy afternoon after you've walked all over the city!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb