Riviere-au-Tonnerre


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec
June 28th 2013
Published: June 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We had a rolly, rocky day on the water yesterday on a cool overcast day. We managed lo log 80 miles in 9 and a half hours to reach the village of Riviere-au-Tonnerre. The entrance was well marked directing us to a fishing wharf. We tied up with the fishing boats, North Star blended right in.

We took a nice walk into town and around the beach. It is nice to get off the boat, last time was at Baie Pancrace. No internet or cell phone coverage here.

Our usual players traveled with us, loons, seals, dolphins and whales. We are now seeing Gannets as well. We did not see one other boat all day.

Up early this morning to avoid the wind predicted for this afternoon. We left the dock at 4:50 with the sun shining and a perfectly calm see. It was 5 degrees outside and 11 in the boat, we were anxious to get the heater going.

It is calmer than I expected so far but a lot cooler. We won't be needing shorts it looks like.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Riviere-au-TonnerreRiviere-au-Tonnerre
Riviere-au-Tonnerre

calm and peaceful


28th June 2013

Happy you are making good progress despite some difficulties. I guess it\'s a normal part of sailing... Take care!!!!!
29th June 2013

Riviere-au Tonnerre
Not so lucky today...we are stopped due to wind and poor visibility.

Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb