neilandjoyce


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec
August 28th 2011
Published: August 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

What a drama the last couple of days has been.Woke up yesterday (Saturday morning in Vegas) to find that Hurricane Irene has closed New York and Boston airports indefinately, as well as evacuating New York.

I got on the phone to the tour company as we could not reach NY, and they advised that the start date would be pushed back to Monday. We would not be able to get there, or Boston, in time, so I suggested that we make our way to Montreal and meet the tour there, as the tour was going to drop Quebec City off the tour. That was fine, but we still had to get to Montreal. Jumped on the internet and thought I had booked tickets via San Francisco and Washington (Dulles) to Montreal. When we got to the airport, we found out that I had only reserved the ticket. The lady at the counter was extremely helpful and it was all sorted out eventally.

Long trip though, as the first flight from Las Vegas to SFO was not until 7.30pm and arrived in San Fran about 9.00. Then the flight to Dulles was at 11.15pm arriving at 7.15am this morning, with the flight to Montreal from Dulles at 8.45am. We were very tired when we arrived in Montreal, and have not yet gone to bed. It was, and is, pouring rain here. Quite cold after the 116 degrees in Vegas.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb