Beautiful hiking trail on the Berthier's islands, St-Lawrence river.


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec
August 30th 2019
Published: August 30th 2019
Edit Blog Post

The St-Lawrence river is the river draining all the 5 North American great lakes. In the St-Pierre's lake region, the river gets larger, (hence called a lake), the region is filled with marshes. I went to hike trails in Berthier, where you can visit that habitat. The island is criss crossed by many small channels, full of aquatic plants. Parts of the island are also used for agriculture in a sustainable way. It gives way to a great variety of landscapes.

The big surprise was to see how much frogs there were, especially the leopard's frog!! They were everywhere on the trails, a big sign that the environment is healthy. Saw some turtles, herons, egrets, wood peckers, and many monarch butterflies. The succession of forests, marshes and fields is really beautiful! There's no entrance fee and is quite easy to find! Once you exit, you are a few minutes away from the from the highway and the Berthierville city. I hope yo'll enjoy the pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 22; qc: 93; dbt: 0.1314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb