July 22nd - 23rd


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Saint Gedeon
July 28th 2013
Published: August 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

July 22-23rd



We decided that we wanted to go into the interior of Quebec rather than the coast so we drove up to Chicoutami. We stopped for lunch downtown at the river bank. Chicoutami is pretty with a great water park. The drive up, at the top of the Allutions was incredible. The wooded almost mountains are beautiful with startling lakes coming up around every corner. It was worth the drive alone. There is a big lake outside of Cicoutami and Joncquier, so that is where we planned to stay the night, but finding a camping spot was a bit of a night mare. We would drive into a private campsite and find it full of campers, no shade, too many people, too close. We would then move on. Finally, after taking picturesque side roads, when I got lost, we found one camp ground that was a little better. They were full, and she told me that everyone nearby was full too. Then she paused and told me that we could go under the trees, just ahead even though there wasn't a real site there. It was far from others and sheltered from the sun, perfect. The wind came up high that night and whipped off our tent cover, and I didn't sleep,but it was much better than we hoped, and Jacob got to swim. We left the next morning and returned down the interior by another route till we reached Parc Mauricie. This is a federal park, and is remarkable. It's a half hour from Trois Rivieres and we decided that we would stay for a few days.

Good night and sweet dreams.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0683s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb