The Trip to Quebec City


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Québec City
April 11th 2014
Published: April 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


General Information



Quebec City, the capital of Quebec province; the important port city in Canada. Quebec City is divided by a cliff and the cliff separates Quebec City into upper and lower areas. Upper part of the city is religious and political region, villas and ecclesiastical buildings are build in here; lower part is the port and old city region, this is also the tourist area. In 1985 Quebec City was listed in the World Cultural Heritage list. In here, the width of river is no enough 1000 meters, the city was strategically located and difficult to access in old age. Quebec city just likes a lion protects the waterway, therefore it has the name of "North American Gibraltar". " Quebec" in Indian is " The river narrows". Quebec City is the ninth biggest city in Canada, the second biggest city in Quebec. Approximately 680 thousands of people live in Quebec, most of them are French Canadian, 95%!o(MISSING)f the people speak French. Residents in Quebec city normally have a long life and a good health. As a result Quebec city was assessed as the most healthy city in Canada. Quebec city also has a good system of child rearing.







General Tourism and History Information



Some says that Old Quebec City represents the history of Canada, tourists will find what real Canada is once they reach there. Quebec City as one of the oldest city in Canada has a 400-year history and it witnessed the French civilization in North America. This Canada’s heritage site is surrounded by fortified walls. Streets in here are not broad, sometimes with a sharp incline. Inside of the old city area is considered as a maze, tourists may get lost in here. Tourists can usually capture culture in each corner of the city, they could also sense the battles between French and English forces in 1759 and 1760 while walking around the Lawrence river. Due to the Quebec City Tourism Report, Quebec City contributed 3.2%!o(MISSING)f the Canadian total tourism GDP in 2010. Tourism also raised local workers salary, raised business owners’ incomes and helped city’s contribution. Quebec City is the most European city in Canada, there is no such a word can describe its beauty, spring is the time to enjoy the sight of river, summer is the time for flower, autumn with maple leafs, and winter will be a heaven of snow. Tourists never stop coming to Quebec City during a year time.







Fairmont Hotel and Cultural "Blast"



The highlight in Old Quebec City is the Fairmont Hotel, the hotel was built as French governor's residence. Attractions of the hotel include history background, luxurious facilities, cultural services, and nice location. Most of the tourists prefer to live in there because of its history background and the old city central location. This fact also shows the trump of Old Quebec City’s tourism business is historical and cultural background. As a result, some major cultural event such as Paris on Stage attracts tourists to come during summer time (the event usually officially begins in August). Cultural museums, cultural bars, and cultural shopping stores also promote the growth of Quebec City’s tourism benefit.







Quebec City Events



Tourists can choose Quebec City to celebrate each Canada’s festival and once they reach Quebec City, there must be something special for them to do. Quebec offers winter Cabane’s a Sucre festivities, (maple sugar cabins and festivals) the famous winter carnival, as well as, many summer marathons, the Paris on Stage festival, world known fishing tournaments, city wide tours and many more highlights.







Places must see







Parc des Champs de Bataille



During the period of battle between British and French in 17th century, Quebec city was at one time become a strategic place. British captured Quebec city in 1759 and this park was made for memorizing the victory of British.







Basilique Notre-Dame



It was build in 1647, the oldest ecclesiastical building in North America. The building has splendid decoration and valuable canvas.







Chute-Montmorency



The waterfall is frozen every winter and becomes a wonderful sight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb