First entry - Places so far


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Québec City
August 26th 2010
Published: August 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ok so here go's my first entry.

Working on the Maasdam is deffinately an experience. I have never worked anywhere so dramatic! The thing about working on ships is that every little thing gets blown up to 5 times bigger than it really is. The lows are extreme lows, and the high's are extreme high's. For example, had a thing with another crew member and when it ended it felt as tho i was getting divored or something. Obvisouly it was nothing, and in the real world it wouldnt really have bothered me. And then in greenland i was stood out on the bow of the ship gazing up at these mountains covered in fog with icebergs surrounding the ship and i was in complete awe that this was my job. Being on the ship i like living in a dream world, there is no world outside of the ship other than what you see on facebook etc. The people you work with and the people you live with, socialise with, eat with, drink with, date, break up with, fall out with. I'm not saying that it makes you forget about loved ones at home, but you get so caught up with your life on the ship that you dont really think about home until something happens at home that youve missed out on, and then suddenly home is the only thing on your mind.
Being so close to everyone kind of forces you to deal with stuff that at home you might not have thought about, like your always thinking about how not to piss someone off because if you fall out with someone you have to see that person everyday because there is no where else to go. Also, you find that you have more in common with people that on the outside world you wouldnt necessarily speak to. I've made some fantastic friends and they are the sort of people that had i met them at home, i would have walked right past them and probably made some bitchy remark, but when you take the time to get to know people you find that they are just people, with lives, and stories and experiences just like yourself.
OK places, started off doing canada in new england 2 months ago when i first joined the ship. Tried to make friends with the cast and i wouldnt say that were not friends, i'm just closer to other people. Canada is beautiful but there isnt much here, were cruising the west coast doing Boston, Bar Harbor, Halifax, Sydney, Charlottetown, Quebec city and Montreal. Quebec is by far my favorite! The we did the voyage of the vikings which was completely mind blowing! Boston back to Boston stopping in, Newfoundland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Denmark, Amsterdam, Dover, Ireland, Liverpool, and then back to Iceland and greenland. Had a few over nights, one in Amsterdam which was a lot of fun, and then one in Reykjavik, Iceland. We had a crew tour to the blue lagoon which was stunning, and it was so nice to spend time in the day with my friends as usually i'm working in the day time. So now were back in Canada and New England for the next 2 months before heading to Carribean and Bahamas. I cant wait!

Keep a watch out for my next entry, it wont be long before there is drama on board i can assure you!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb