Quebec City Night of Lights


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Québec City
August 22nd 2010
Published: August 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We have embarked on an adventure to the north in Quebec City, Canada. Arriving by a modern, frequently dotted with rest-stops highway, we entered the city the evening of August 21, 2010. We are staying in the vieux-porte at a hotel called the Auberge Saint-Antoine. A hotel/museum of found objects, the building is unique and has artifacts from the nearbye site displayed in an interesting fashion throughout the building. The lobby bar has a view of architectural walls, extremely comfy high back chairs, a slightly limited menu selection and relatively pricey drinks. Dinner our first night was at Laurie-Raphael- a fabulous restaurant- Jose had the blind ‘chef-chef’ menu (i.e. he didn’t know what was coming). It’s hard to describe but it was a completely different experience - our first full immersion into molecular gastronomy.

After dinner, we walked the few blocks back to the hotel with a prolonged stop at the Musee de la Civilizacion. We love light and the outside of the museum had a light show that inspired us to take some unique photographs. The lighting in this area is spectacular and can’t be found at other museums. Slowly moving from pink to green to blue to yellow, the lighting from around the museum brought the flowers, steps and architecture to life. On returning back to the hotel, we heard the tell-tale sounds of fireworks and opened our room balcony door to see a fantastic display of fireworks across the Saint Lawrence River.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



1st September 2010

Awesome!
Hey guys, Photos in Quebec at night were awesome! Hope you enjoyed your trip. How are things going? Hope all is well. I started back to school last week (ugh). Had a good summer but could use some more "me" time. Anyway hope that your tip was wonderful. Take care and keep in touch, Jeff

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb